21/04/2014

Stegosaurus





Big Tamiya Stagosaurus with Orc arrow in his back. His eye is about human head height. The Tamiya dinos are 1/35 scale, meaning they've got a bit of extra bulk compared to the 1/56 (roughly) scale mini's I use. Can't complain about your dinosaurs being too big though right?!

I'm not much of a painter, I prefer to just get some paint on it, no matter how scruffy. Anything is better than bare plastic/metal. If anyone is interested though, I sprayed this guy white, then did a kind of reverse zenithal shading with black spray from above (wish I'd taken some WIP shots). I then put a few layers of inks/shades/washes, picked out some colours on the fins, and drybrushed the whole thing in white.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, dont know if you've seen this but check it out...

    http://www.fenrisgames.com/shop.html#!/~/product/id=36123820

    Kind of fits in with the rhino samurai, low tech weapon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! How the hell did I miss this guy on my searchings!? Definitely on the wish list! The two scenery tiles I have done so far are part of a themed board that will end in a cave, he will be perfect for it's guardian. Thanks man!

      Delete